Facing an unprecedented $9 billion budget shortfall, legislators in Olympia are scrambling to find new sources of revenue to sustain the drunken spending spree of the past four years.
Now thanks to some quick thinking by Senate Majority Leader Lisa Brown, cuts in popular programs such as after school basket weaving for inner-city toddlers will likely be avoided as an oppressive tax on an unpopular minority heads for easy passage.
Today at noon Eastern, in a magnificent ceremony overflowing with more majesty and splendor than a human mind is capable of comprehending, President-elect Barack Obama will be sworn in as the forty-fourth President of the United States of America, ushering in a new age of eternal peace, prosperity, and oneness for all mankind.
As preparations for the crowning achievement of humankind finally come to a dramatic climax, tens of billions…
Washington State Republicans filed suit in Superior Court Monday against an advanced weather-control laboratory, alleging that the cloud-seeders’ promised snow storm arrived in western Washington nearly six weeks too late.
According to court documents, the WSRP contacted Spokane-based Storm Science, Inc. in April, contracting their services to generate a “winter storm of epic proportions…”
- Bush Extends WA Budget Deficit to $5 Billion
- Reichert Collapses into Twitching Convulsions
- Repulsive Facebook Update Sends Shockwaves Through 2028 Campaign
- Rossi, Gregoire Trade Literal Blows in Final Debate
- Senate Passes Puppies & Kittens Rescue Bill
- Voters Infuriated by Unexpected Breakout of Responsibility in Congress
- Dan Rather Uncovers Martin Luther King Jr. Memo Endorsing Obama by Name
- Rossi Admits Mafia Ties, Surges in Polls
- Voters Face Difficult Decision Between Ultra-Rich and Ultra-Richer
- Gregoire Gifted Yacht, Mansion by Tribes; Denies Conflict of Interest
- Ronald Reagan Returns from Grave to Slam Republicans
- Dino Rossi Adamantly Denies Ties to Local Charity
- Nickels Multiplies Bag Fees in Litter-Induced Rage
- Solution to Viaduct More Committees, Committee Says
- New Gregoire Campaign Signs Bite Back
- Burner Campaign Runs on Blind Optimism and Rainbows
- Poll: Political Campaigns Not Nasty Enough Yet
- Marysville City Council Erupts in Brawl Over Tractor Ordinance
- McCain Courts Hispanic Voters (Literally)
- Obama Unfazed by Clinton’s Continued Delusions of Victory
- Bigoted Bumper Sticker Sighted, Punished
- Republicans with No Hope Make Pointless Run for Office
- State Government Declares War on Toys
- City Council Votes to Make Seattle “Greenest City Ever”
- Kent City Council Insists Kent Not That Bad