BELLEVUE, WA — 38-year-old Joe Millar of Bellevue experienced a satisfying surge of adrenaline Friday upon his discovery of Twitter, the so-called “micro-blogging” internet service founded in March 2006.
When he received the new account email from Twitter, Millar was completely overwhelmed by a totally undeserved sense of tech savvy. According to internet experts (i.e. teenagers), over six million users managed to discover Twitter before Millar.
Meteorologists at the University of Washington issued a warning to Pacific Northwest residents Wednesday for an extreme weather system this winter.
“We have recently weathered both El Niño and her little sister La Niña,” said UW meteorologist Stan Cooper. But the danger looming on the horizon is far worse. “Citizens should prepare for the worst this winter as Basura Blanca, El Niño’s drunken neighbor, hits the Northwest in full force.”
- Local Flooding Bewilders Weather Scientists
- Boeing Engineer Bests Personal Castle Defense Record
- Google to Seattle: Seriously Guys, Drop Dead
- Sterilizations Skyrocket as Economy Crumbles
- Deadly Butt-Cheek Disease Thwarted by Paper Seat Cover
- Software Pirates Steal $2 Million in Weekend Raid on Microsoft Offices
- Gaming Geeks Convert Seattle to Ultimate Nerdtopia
- Weather-Control Pranksters Rain Out Nickels’ Car-Free Day
- State Dept. of Ecology Fines Mt. St. Helens $250 Million
- Mutant Man-Mouse Hybrid Escapes UW Lab
- Survey: 2% of Consumers Give a Crap About Blu-ray
- Microsoft Unveils Barista Barista Revolution
- Discovery Institute Takes on Gravity Myth
- Climatologists: Melting Arctic Ice an Excellent Source of Bottled Water
- Honda Unveils Breakthrough Octabrid
- Millions of Nerds Wet Pants in Excitement Over New iPhone
- Rampaging Children to Blame for Massive Bee Disappearance
- Radio-Controlled Clocks Spy on Boring Happenings of Local Homes
- Friendless, Video-Game Addicted Loser Sues Microsoft
- Amazon: Kindle is the greatest! Seriously, buy one RIGHT NOW! Kindle Kindle Kindle!
- Puget Sound Group Denounces 100 MPG X PRIZE
- UW Research Concludes Screaming At Children Probably Not Beneficial
- Google: Street View Not Coming to Seattle, So There
- Scientists Counter Invading Species in Puget Sound